This is it – the END of the 2022 Filet CAL! I hope you enjoyed this year’s free filet CAL. Details for the 2023 Filet CAL will be coming in just a couple of weeks.
This final border round is very option – if you’re not into bobbles, you can just add a round of sc (doing 3sc in the corners) to your blanket and finish that way.
BUT, if you want to use up some more yarn and make some fun little bobbly pom-poms, then here we go!
For Round 5 you will need to know the Bobble Stitch
- Yarn over (yo), insert hook into stitch and pull up a loop. YO, pull through two loops (this is like completing the first “half” of a dc).
- Repeat number one in the same stitch/space until you have a total of 6 loops on your hook – you will have made “half of a dc” 5 times.
- YO & pull through all 6 loops at once.
Rnd 5 (photo tutorial below): Ch1, sc into same st as joining last round, [ * ch7, Bobble in 3rd ch from hook, slst in ch beneath Bobble, ch3, sk3 sts, sc in next st * repeat between * across; 3sc in corner st; sc in first 2 sts along side of blanket; now repeat between * until 2 sts remain, sc in each of these last 2 sts; 3sc into corner st]. Sc in first sc along bottom side then repeat between [ ] – you will finish by joining the round with a slst into your first sc. Finish off.
Top/Bottom: 60 bobbles; side begins with 1sc before first 3 skipped sts & side ends with 1 sc
Sides: 97 bobbles; side begins with 2sc before first 3 skipped sts & side ends with 2 sc
Be sure to show off your CAL on IG using #LovelyLines2022FiletCAL so I can see how it’s going for you. You can also show off your CAL progress in the Mayhem Makers Facebook Group.
Just joining us? You can find all the details for the yarn amounts and supplies and such in this details post before you get started.
- You can sign up for blog post emails if you’d like to get an email when each new clue is released.
- If you’d like to work ahead of the weekly clues, or prefer to work off a graph, you can purchase the full Lovely Lines Blanket pattern (numerical pattern + graphs) as a PDF for easy printing. But this is by no means needed to participate in the CAL – all the clues will remain here on my blog, free forever.
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
Share your makes! Tag #mayhemandmajestydesigns & mention @mayhemandmajesty on Instagram so I can easily see your projects.
Shop my library of patterns.
Join our FB Group Mayhem & Majesty Makers for crochet community!
Sign Up for my newsletter so you never miss a new pattern coupon, giveaway or freebie.
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
Please respect my creative rights! You are welcome to sell finished physical crochet items you make from my patterns online or locally. You MAY NOT create for sale or free any patterns which use my designs in any way (in whole or parts). This pattern cannot be resold, rewritten or shared in any way, in whole or in parts, including YouTube tutorials. Thank you!