Song Shawl CAL 12 Pattern Set
First, you can find all the info for this new CAL in this post.
4 of the CAL designs are ready download RIGHT AWAY!
September – “When September Ends” (Gallery photos from Wendy Howell)
October – “Spiderwebs” (Gallery Photos from Marcelle Willemse)
November – “November” (Gallery Photos from Teresa Wind)
December – “Back to December” (Gallery photo from Linda Morris)
What yarns are good for the Song Shawl projects?
- As with all my designs, you can use ANY yarn that you like best along with the corresponding hook.
- The amount of yarn you use will greatly depend on how you like to wear your shawls, and of course the weight of your yarn, hook size, and personal tension will all play into the mix.
- I’ll be giving yarn amounts for mostly Fine weight yarn to use up my hoarded Hobbii Azalea cakes. I’ll also be using hand-dyed 4ply and acrylic DK for some of the patterns, too. So really – any yarn will do! It all depends on how warm you want your shawl to be and what yarn you have on hand…or what yarn you want to purchase. 😉
- I am purposely making sure all the patterns are repeatable so you can size them as needed to fit your yarn weight and your size preference! You could even turn them into blankets if you’re a little more advanced & adventurous!
- The patterns will be mainly triangle shawls. There will be a couple wrap-syle shawls (long rectangular shape), and I may even decide to throw in a couple asymmetrical styles, too.