a Star is Born
A Star is Born! The perfect blanket for your next handmade baby shower gift.
But it doesn’t have to be just for babies – this pattern is easily sized up or down to create any size blanket and how to do this is included.
This pattern is written in numerical filet, which is quickly becoming the best filet reading and writing method out there! Clear instructions are given for this easy to understand pattern writing technique. A graph of the pattern is also included for those who prefer that method.
- This pattern can be worked with any weight yarn and hook. Gauge is not important! Yarn amounts are for a blanket with a finished size of approximately 32” x 43” using the specified yarn, hook and repeats below. Yarn amounts are approximate and greatly depend on personal tension.
- This pattern can be increased/decreased in multiples of 30 +5 stitches across and 19 rows up to make any size blanket.
- Blanket can be worked in joinable blocks. (Star Block blanket featured here was hooked and photographed by Elliotte Kellogg @Mychele.makes)
- I recommend making a swatch (one full graph picture, 35 sts x 19 rows) with your desired yarn and hook and then measure and decide how many repeats you need to get the blanket size you want.
- Personal tension varies! Please make a swatch to accurately determine your size and yarn amounts.